Monday, May 11, 2009

Strength, faith and heart

1) 2)
3)
4)
5)

Picture captions

1) James and Jaci (girlfriend) out for a stroll in the chair, he would really like to "Pimp his ride"
2) James and Sarah (sister) smiling for pictures
3, 4, and 5) James spending time in therapy or out for a stroll
I would like to take the time to tell you a little bit about my cousin James. This past spring, while visiting his sister and extended family in Colorado was involved in a life-altering snow-boarding accident which has left him temporarily paralyzed. Although the prognosis was not in James' favor, he has continually surprised the nurses, doctors and staff involved in his recovery. He was initially told he would never walk again - but he has proven the doctors wrong on every level. He has regained function in his left hand and is able to feed himself with both hands. In addition, he has re-established his tricep muscles, which is very uncommon for this stage of recovery. I believe James has been able to move into a completely manual chair (not motorized) which he is able to operate himself - which is amazing for just over 2 1/2 months post-accident.
My post however is not to ask to spread sad words about my cousin. This post is a tribute to the sub-conscious strength an individual possesses which presents itself in situations such as these. Not only is James a physically strong person - his inner strength is inspiring. I believe in every one of the pictures I had included - you'll see James beaming with happiness. His positive attitude is very contagious and I'm personally working on a maintaining a very positive outlook in life. I think we could all use a little bit of James in us.
I know everyone is facing a hard decision in each of the lives in some way or another. I would like for everyone to remember the blessings we do have in our lives - family, friends and inner strength and faith to get us through even the darkest of times!

No comments:

Post a Comment