Sunday, June 21, 2009

Amazing weekend with family!

So this weekend was one of the most wonderfully refreshing for me. My mom, dad and little sister, Kait came to Lincoln to visit for a few days. Ben had to leave for a conference in Arkansas on Saturday morning, so he missed out on the fun this time. They haven't come up for just a weekend to visit without an occasion in a long time - so we enjoyed every minute of time we had together.

Saturday morning (bright and early) we headed down to the Haymarket District to the Farmers Market. The market is held every Saturday from May to October and has many fruit, vegetable, flower, baked goods and craft vendors lining the streets of the district. I highly suggest a visit if your in Lincoln on a Saturday morning - especially a visit to Burkey's Baked Goods for the Sourdough bread and cinnamon rolls.

Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in Lincoln is also a good time to seek out local rummage sales for treasures. Mom and I (of course) love to find deals, but I had to teach her a few things about "bartering". She did find a couple of antique apple boxes for yard planters for $5 total and I found a $5 cedar chest which will be the focus of an upcoming "home improvement post" in which I plan to show you how I re-furbished this trunk. Dad even got into the garage sale mood and even sought a few out himself. I think Kait had the most fun finding treasures, which she will regret in 15 years, because the bible, ring and snowflake christmas ornament for $0.50 total is hilariously ridiculous!

Today we spent the morning in the tool store finding me a sander, picking out decorative hinges and scoping out paint and stain. Finally this afternoon we visited the Nebraska State Museum and that was fantastic - seeing a variety animals, dinosaurs and natural features of Nebraska history. So, no one can ever say I didn't learn a thing or two about home for the past two years. We ended the weekend to a trip to Culvers for ice cream, a quick trip to Sam's Club and Wally-world and sent Mom, Dad and Kait on their way.

I wanted to send a shout-out to my folks and little sister, thank you so much for visiting! It totally helped me clear my mind of all school and life worries and just enjoy some time together. I hope you enjoyed yourself as much as I did!

Finally, Ben and I also celebrated a milestone today, our 1st year Anniversary has already came and went. Happy Anniversary Babe, here's to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment