My new pillows that I just blogged about weren't even my first "yellow" invasion project. This one I'm about to describe was.........
Thanks to the gals I work with, I've renewed my love for thrift store shopping - turning someone else's trash into my treasures.
A few weeks ago I purchased a hunter green shelf/wall hanging with a wall papered farm scened back-panel for $4.00 during a Sunday afternoon visit to the Dakota Boys Ranch with Ben.
During the shopping trip for the pillow fabric, I picked up another 1/2 yard of this material.
It is similar to what I used for the pillows, but not close enough to be "matchy-matchy".
I also picked up a "sunflower" shade of yellow paint and a white "primer" from the craft paint aisle at Hobby Lobby for about $2.00 total.
We got the back panel removed from the rest of the wall-hanging, peeled the wall paper off and then "re-papered" the panel with my fabric. It took some spray adhesive and a little hot glue to get the job done.
It took a full coat of primer followed by two coats of paint to remove the green tint left by the previous hunter green.
I had also previously popped off the nobs for hanging things on prior to by paint job to keep their character. Using some small 1/8" nails, I hammered the panel back on and then re-inserted the brackets to hang it on the wall.
My hope is that we'll soon be proud home owners and I'll have a special place in the house we're I can let all my yellow-loving projects puke all over the place! Until then, I'll happily let it sit against the wall in the ever-so-crammed spare bedroom.