Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yeah for progress!

As you can see, it's been a few days since I've posted anything. I haven't been away without reason...I made some serious progress on my thesis this week. Thank goodness - because I was able to complete my literature review portion. If you are unaware of the process, a thesis is broken into portions:

1) Literature review over anything and everything in past research that has lead to the objectives of your thesis work. A literature review can range from 0 to 100 pages, most right around 20 to 50 pages of text, followed by 20 or so pages of lit. cited (bibliography) and then 0 to 10 pages of tables, charts, and figures.

2) Manuscripts which are the actual experiments you perform in school. These include materials and methods, results, discussion, and tables, charts, etc. They range from 10 to 50 pages per experiments. Since I have four experiments - I'll have somewhere between 50 and 100 pages of manuscripts.

My lit. review has been a process, taking me almost 2 full months to write. Ben wrote his much quicker - I struggled with finding motivation to get through it. All in all - I'm about 85 pages done with my thesis, just about 90 pages left! Yeah for progress!

One another note - We're off to Garden City to our friend Marisa's wedding this weekend and then home to get ready for some of Ben's family to visit next week! Be looking for upcoming pictures of our travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment