Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Christmas with the Williams

If my photography skills were more on point to say, those of my college friends - I would have very elaborate and beautiful pictures of our Christmas tree. However, like I've mentioned before - a good "crash-course" in photography would make a world of difference.

Like I mentioned earlier, we purchased our Christmas tree at a thrift store here in Fargo (I'm beginning to really dig this bargin hunting business). Sunday afternoon Ben and I ventured down to Walmart (like the entire population of Fargo also did, man it's a busy place) and wandered up and down the Christmas aisles.

We picked up this huge container of red, green and brown bulbs. Of course, my handmade ornaments were included, with some minor editing. I used ribbon as garland (I don't particularly care for the regular garland you can purchase) and then the jingle bells were left over from a recent craft project (check back after thanksgiving for this big reveal) and purchased at hobby lobby!



The only portion I am not completely satisifed with is the tree topper, after finishing the decorations I realized that it doesn't really fit with the overall "concept" of the tree. Plus Ben makes fun of it all the time. I think I'd like to have something a little more "shiny". I'll keep looking.

Although it's hard to tell, the lights are on in this picture. I think next year I'll add at least one more strand, but as most of you know - when decorating a tree, the lights go on first. There is no way I'm taking all this back off just to do it again (in the same year). Moreover, I personally like a little bit of raz-a-ma-taz so I'm making mental notes on how to "glam" it up a little more for next year.
Regardless, we do have a fabulous tree up and are thoroughly enjoying it for the next month-and-a-half to come.


1 comment:

  1. It looks great, the stars and Ws really stand out on it.

    www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete